This project supports the grade expansion of the Madison Park Business & Art Academy (MPA) program serving grades 9 and 10 to serving grades 9 through 12.
A new 2-story classroom building will be constructed to provide a permanent space exclusively for MPA high school students, currently housed in temporary portable classrooms.
The new 30,464-square-foot classroom building will feature:
- 14 classrooms equipped with new classroom furniture
- 2 science laboratories
- 4 student restrooms will feature low water flow fixtures
- 6 administrative offices and increased staff work space, including a break room, conference room, work room and staff restrooms
- Exterior assembly area for student activities
- Renovation of kitchen shared by MPA and James Madison Middle School
- Renovation of parking lot